Flights to Lukla take 2

We got tickets and went back for the second day. This time they did’nt even bother to issue boarding passes. No flights to Lukla. Stayed there until 11:00 then it was announced that there would be no flights. Considered hiring a helicopter. They Want 6k Us for 5 people. That’s 600 each. Not a lot of money but considering we only paid 800 each for return flights from Melbourne to Kathmandu a bit more than had in the cookie jar. Anyway could not find 3 others to go.

20140505-172500.jpg
Given the weather forecast is worse for tomorrow have have decided to go to Annapurna.

There is a issue in the fact that the radio license was issued with the locations declared as Everest region. I have tried calling the department but no joy so given time constraints no radio from 9N7AH.

Very disappointed as this is is the result of 3 years training, 9 months planning of which 3 chasing the radio license. We have friends on the EBC track but we can not get there in the time available. Have to have acclimatization days.

The main rule is to stay safe do this is how it goes.

Grrrr

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: